Sorry I can’t be there today. No, I am not taking an extended spring break… lets just say I can’t be there because of Cooper and leave it at that. Anyways, heres what I need you to accomplish during my absence.
today you’ll start a week long project on evolution. You and your group must come up with an idea and impliment it. Your goal is to teach a 6th grader the idea of what evolution is and the mechanisms behind it. Use the hand outs I’ve provided to guide you. Keep the following in mind:
- What is the challenge question (what do I want them to be able to answer by the time they’re done)?
- How can I get/keep their attention?
- How will the information be delivered?
- What information do they need to know? what vocabulary will they need to know?
- How will they prove they have learned anything?
- This is a chance for you to ‘be the teacher’. Think about good teachers you have had and use the strategies that work best on you.
- Choose 10 words from the list below as your ‘vocab list’. Create simple definitions a 6th grader could understand for each term.
- The Big Bang
- Natural Selection
- Artificial Selection
- Using my youtube page (youtube.com/mrkubuske), checkout some of the projects from last year.
- Work hard, work together, and have fun!
Finish your Unit 5 IAs and turn the in! Once turned in, start 5.1 on your websites.