Hopefully we had some good study time over the last few days to prepare for Common Assessment #3!
As a reminder, here is the information included in the 35 (for honors, 30 for academic) question assessment:
- Unit 7 – Reproduction
- Types of Reproduction
- The Cell Cycle, Stem Cells, & Cancer
- Karyotyping & Genetic Disorders
- Unit 8 – Genetics
- Mendel (& his laws)
- Advanced Genetics
- Codominance, Incomplete Dominance, Multiple Alleles, Sex-Linked
- Dihybrd Crosses
The Link below will take you to the answer sheet. Answer all questions on the answer sheet, do not write on the test. When you finish, there is an option to go back and review your work. Do not ever press the back button on the browser, you will have to start all over. Good Luck & Think Spring!
Sorry guys. I know you’re excited to hear about baby Cooper and get back to our normal routine, but I’ll need one more day at home supporting our new family.
On the plus side, its a pretty easy day to celebrate winterfest. Here is the gameplan:
You’ll be watching the movie Gattaca today. Here is the trailer:
In the back of the room is an assignment I’d like you to fill out as you watch. Please keep it in a safe place because we’ll be watching the movie over about 3 class periods. Its a great movie and will start some pretty interesting convo (for example, keep an eye on the staircases).
If for some reason you cannot play the movie, you can work on your study guide for Common Assessment #3. Here is the link.
** Word on the street is you had trouble with the answer sheet for yesterday’s quest. We’ll discuss this on Monday so don’t worry about it too much.
Keep working on those Nutrition plans. We start Unit 5, Biomechanics, on Monday.
Since I’m not there, I’ll throw one more pic your way. See you Monday!
Yes, those are Ohio State socks. The kids got good taste.
This is you walking from Kelly Hall to Loretto
Hey, sorry I can’t be there. My wife and newborn son Cooper had a little longer stay in the hospital, everyone is healthy and happy, but I’ m going to take just a little more time to attend to them. That being said, I’m going to make some adjustments to the plans we had discussed before I left last week. Here is the gameplan:
1. Instead of a Unit 8 Test, we’re going to do a “quest” (not as long, not as many points). I’m also going to allow you to use notes and ask each other questions. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO WORK TOGETHER OR SHARE ANSWERS. But you can ask each other for clarifications, explanations, or double checking work.
2. Use the link below to be taken to the answer form for the quest (we’ll do this quest on the iPad so I can grade it from home. Keep in mind the class period is shorter and you cannot “save” progress. You will want to have a piece of paper and pencil to work on punnett squares.
3. Next week week, we’ll be watching a movie AND preparing for your common assessment. If you would like an early copy of the study guide you can find it on the biology semester 2 page.
Good news… I’m going to give you an extra week to turn in your nutrition guide. However! We will still be working on Unit 5 and following the daily goals for that unit as scheduled. I just figured it wasn’t fair to give you a huge assignment then disappear the week it is due. So continue to work on it but if you have questions you don’t have to panic about me not being there.
I’m sure this is what you were waiting for…
Cooper thanks you for sharing his Dad with him. And he wants you to stay warm out there!
If the quiz does not load, log into drive.google.com and come back to this page.